Today, I've officially decided to finish my last year on JET. I was split 50/50 for a long time, considering the economy back home and how difficult it is to find jobs, but after weighing the pros and cons I decided it was best for me to return home. I think when I initially came to Japan I knew I was only going to be here for 2 years. Now having decided not to do a 3rd year, I feel it was the right decision. I need a change, to break out of my mould, and to challenge myself again. I really love this country and intend to live here again someday, but not as an English ALT, as a graduate student working towards a Masters degree. My return home will, hopefully, only be temporary.

So here's to my last 6 months in Japan, and to my eventual return in April 2012.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati