Ok, so this post isn't about any adventures I've had in Japan, but about an awesome Japanese band I've discovered. They're aptly named 'GReeeeN' with four e's for members in the band, all dentists from Fukushima who make music as a hobby. I first discovered them after continually hearing the same song called "Kiseki" in my schools, in stores, and on the radio. It was pretty catchy and I liked it, so I decided to look them up and listen to their other songs, which I was surprised to find were all really good! Not just catchy but with original melodies, quality music and easy lyrics. I bought their newest 2-disc album and through listening to them and reading (ie. studying) the lyrics, I've been learning new Japanese words. It's great! Of the few Japanese bands I've discovered, they're definitely my favorite (which isn't saying much, but see for yourself :P) Here's one of their videos called "Tabidachi" off of YouTube. Apologies in advance for its cheesiness:


Also check out "Kiseki": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_lcH_2nw-o

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati