Here are some pics of new apartment. It's a one bedroom with kitchen/dining room and kitchen. The kitchen has a medium sized fridge and a two burner stove with "fish oven" (it's like a long, flat toaster oven used only for fish). The living room fits a couch, tv, desk, coffee table and small bookshelf and is fairly comfortable. The bedroom has a big closet full of futons, a normal-sized bed and a dresser. There's also a toilet room and a shower room (I don't know what they're called in Japanese). The toilet is pretty sweet; everytime you flush, you can wash your hands with the water that refills the septic tank. Sugoi ne! The shower room is a little room that's an entire uh.. shower room... The shower head is outside the bathtub and your supposed to clean yourself before you get into the bath. The bath is narrow and deep so you can sit in hot water up to your neck. I have a washer but no dryer. Drying is done by hanging the clothes up using that rack thing in my bedroom or on the patio. Garbage disposal here is like pulling teeth. Garbage has to be seprated into their respective garbage bags (green for plastics, clear for recyclables, blue for styrofoam, etc... gah!) and taken out on designated days. So if you miss the 1st or 3rd saturday of the month for plastics your hosed and have to wait until the next month. It's a good system though compared to Calgary where everything you put in the garbage actually gets thrown into the landfill.

I'll be living here for at least a year or two. It's pretty comfortable and spacious for one person and has everything I need. I'd say it's about 600 sq. feet which is big enough for another 2-3 people to stay here temporarily. So if you want to come and visit me, I have a place for you to crash!



The genkan, where shoes are taken off before entering.

The living room complete with Canadian flag.



My toilet room and shower rooms?

My view of Japan from the patio.


The kitchen just off of the living room.

My bedroom as seen from the kitchen.


The bedroom again, with a real bed!

The living room and patio.



The garbage day schedule. It's so confusing..

My personal gym behind the couch.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati