Yes, the title does not lie. It does exist. I was shopping at the grocery store when there, amongst the Pocky and Crunky bars, I saw its shiny box calling to me. It was so strange, yet familiar, that I had the sudden urge to buy it. Behold, the McFlurry Kit Kat:


And to prove it's actually McFlurry flavored, the McDonalds logo is displayed prominently on the back. I haven't tried it yet.. and honestly I'm a little afraid to. I don't know why but Japan seems to love Kit Kat, or maybe it's the other way around? According to Wikipedia, only in Japan can you get these flavors:

- Kit Kat Original
- Kit Kat Cacao 61%
- Kit Kat Sakura (Cherry blossom)
- Kit Kat Cacao 72%
- Kit Kat White
- Kit Kat Iced Tea
- Kit Kat Caramel and Salt
- Kit Kat Kinako (soybean flour)
- Kit Kat Wa Guri (Chestnut flavour)
- Kit Kat Green Tea
- Kit Kat Apple
- Kit Kat Orange
- Kit Kat Café Latte with Hokkaidō Milk
- Kit Kat Kiwifruit
- Kit Kat Strawberry
- Kit Kat Peach
- Kit Kat Gold
- Kit Kat Cantaloupe
- Kit Kat Triple Berry
- Kit Kat Mango
- Kit Kat Azuki (Red Bean)
- Kit Kat Green Grape Muscat
- Kit Kat Caramel Macchiato
- Kit Kat Zunda - mashed edamame beans (only in Yamagata prefecture)
- Kit Kat Hascapp - Hokkaido blueberry (only in Hokkaido prefecture)

Quite the odd mix, eh. I think I'll make it my new goal to collect them all while I'm here... like delicious, chocolatey Pokemon. I've only tried five of these flavors so far, my favorite being Green Tea. My friend got it in Japan and brought some back to Canada for me to try. Ever since I've arrived, I've been looking everywhere for them! I learned later that they're seasonal and are only sold in the springtime. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to wait and make do with my Caramel Macchiato in the meantime.

Edit: I just tried it.. and they should just keep this flavor to McFlurries..

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati