I was just reading my last post when it occurred to me I had written it over 3 weeks ago! Has it really been that long? I've been unemployed all that time, but I haven't even noticed! I've been trying to do as much as I can and I'm glad to say I've done quite a bit: I got free tickets to the Virgin Festival and saw a ton of good bands, went to few BBQ's and house parties, one of which I jammed on a friend's drum kit for about an hour (I think I am definitely going to buy one while I'm in Japan), played Glow-in-the-Dark frisbee in a park with my brothers until 2:00am, went out for sushi twice in a week, went White Water Rafting down the Kicking Horse river in what they said were some of the best conditions of the summer, went to the Calgary Stampede with Erika and almost got sick on one of the first rides we went on (we think we are getting old..), and finally a two-day roadtrip up to the Northwest Territories with Allison just for the hell of it. Now it's officially the countdown from 10 days until I leave. I am currently hanging out in Edmonton until the end of the week but when I get back to Calgary I have an intense five days of packing, more dinners, and more goodbyes. The goodbyes are definitely not my favorite..it reminds me too much of when I left Fort Saskatchewan. There were hugs and tears and faces that I still haven't seen after 5 years. I believe it's a part of life, and for me, it seems inevitable.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati